The Boardroom Consulting Group is active in Australian and international media, providing expert commentary and publishing articles and columns on corporate governance and leading business issues.
Ann-Maree Moodie has been interviewed by ABC News Radio and ABC Radio National, ABC's Lateline Business, Sky News, Qantas Talking Business, The Australian Financial Review, and Company Director magazine. Her articles are published in The Australian Financial Review, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.
Ann-Maree blogs at boardsandgovernance.blogspot.com.au
Recent interviews include:
- Radio National, "By Design", discussion about how power and authority are represented in boardroom design, October 31, 2012. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bydesign/the-panel-designing-the-modern-boardroom/4313860
- ABC News Radio, interview on the Federal Government's Asian Century White Paper which recommends the composition of ASX 200 boards include a third of directors with deep Asian experience" by 2025. October 29, 2012. www.abc.net.au/newsradio/listen/daily.htm
- The Australian Financial Review. Interview about the characteristics of successful CEOs. "Meet Mr Power CEO: 53 with foreign experience", p3, August 29, 2012. http://www.afr.com/p/national/age_of_power_for_top_ceos_is_45TEg4ZZ2RsEm29ZuPkduM
- Chartered Secretaries Australia podcast “Cultural Governance: Ensuring ‘Fit’ in the Boardroom”, August 2011 www.csaust.con/content/NavigationMenus/TechnicalResources/Podcasts/Governance_podcasts/htm
- Qantas Talking Business July 2011
- Lateline Business, "CEOs Need More Than Success to Survive", September 14, 2010 www.abc.net.au/lateline/business/items/201009/s3011084.htm
- ABC News Radio, "Corporate Governance expert says DJs sex harrassment case is unusual and potentially precedent-setting", August 2, 2010 www.abc.net.au/newsradio/links/CRIMELAWANDJUSTICE.htm
"Ann-Maree searches for ways boards can add value to a company rather than focusing solely on form and protection. I think she has a fine sense of the dynamics and pressures on boards, that every group of board members and each company is different, so application of regulation and methods has to be thoughtful." - Michael Quinn, Innovation Capital
Ann-Maree Moodie is regularly invited to present to premier business organisations and at conferences in Australia and overseas.
Her topics include:
- Independence and Conformity in Boardroom Decision-Making
- Leading for Diversity in the Boardroom
- Cultural Governance: Ensuring ‘Fit’ in the Boardroom
Recent engagements include:
- "The Role of the Board", Presentation to The CEO Institute, September 17, 2014
- "Effective Working Reationships with Your Board", Presentation to The CEO Institute, September 10, 2014
- "Getting Value from Your Board", Presentation to The CEO Institute, July 10, 2014
- "Working with Boards and Goverance", Presentation to The CEO Institute, June 12, 2014
- "The Role of the Board", Presentation to The CEO Institute, May 14, 2014
- NSW CFO Symposium, Intercontinental Hotel, October 14-15, 2013
- Master of Ceremonies, Victoria CFO Symposium, Hilton-on-the-Park, December 2-3, 2013
- Address to the Ballarat International Foto Biennale Symposium: Contesting Identities: Photography, Narrative and the Self, University of Ballarat, August 31, 2013. Topic: "Photography, Portraiture and Role-Playing".
- Master of Ceremonies, QLD CFO Symposium, Brisbane Hilton, May 13-14, 2013
- Master of Ceremonies, NSW CFO Symposium, Sydney Hilton, October 22-23, 2012
- Guest Speaker, CEDA Trustees Lunch, September 2011
- Speaker, ABACUS National Conference, Adelaide, October 2010
- Guest Speaker, CEDA Trustees Lunch, September 2010
- Speaker, 2nd Annual Corporate Governance Summit 2010 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia July 2010
- Speaker, Walking the Talk Alumni Debate Series, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, MGSM CBD Campus, Sydney. Topic: "That Managing Directors are worth every cent they are paid."
Ann-Maree Moodie is represented by Saxton Speakers Bureau.
To book Ann-Maree Moodie please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org